Knights Templar Seal of the Soldiers of Christ, Silver Medallion Necklace
Knights Templar Commemorative Seal Pendant; Military Amulet Medallion
On an adjustable black eco-friendly synthetic leather cord
This necklace comes in a padded "My Greater Shop" Jewelry Box.
Nicely packaged for a Gift.
- The Order of the Grand Master of the Knights Templar used a seal with this symbol
- Templar Knights were skilled soldiers and warriors
- Eye-catching, interesting and historic amulet
- The inscription: Sigillum Militum XPisti means Sign of the Army of Christ
- 18-inch adjustable cord is eco-friendly, easy to maintain with a Sterling silver clasp.
- Unisex design, looks great on men and women.
The Order of the Grand Master of the Knights Templar used the picture of 2 soldiers on a horse as a seal. This design is first attested as in use by Betrand de Blanquefort, the order's sixth Grand Master, in 1158. The seal reads Sigillum Militum Xpisti (Latin for Seal of the Soldiers of Christ).
Templar knights were skilled fighters during the Middle Ages from 1129 to 1312 and were the most skilled fighting unit during the Crusades. Also, known as the Fellow Soldiers of Christ and The Order of Solomon's Temple, the "Templars" were the most wealthy and powerful of the Western Christian Military Orders.